Each of these helpful and huggable creatures lives on a small bed,
and has quite an appetite for clean-but-not-squeeky pajamas.
We feed them every morning and they give back the jammies at night. Isn’t that nice of them?
We call them our Pajama Eaters.
For this project you will need:
- 1 yard of fabric (42″ wide) for the monster’s body and limbs
- A fat quarter (18″ x 22″), or 1/2 yard cut of fabric for the mouth and pillow lining
- Fabric scraps for applique eyes and for the soles of the feet
- 9″ x 12″ sheet of white felt for teeth
- 12″ zipper that matches the mouth fabric
- Sewable iron-on adhesive like Heat ‘n’ Bond Lite for the eye appliques
- matching threads
- The Usual Sewing Implements – sewing machine, pins, hand sewing needle, scissors, etc
I used quilter’s cotton to make the monsters pictured (except the hot pink material is corduroy). This pattern is designed for woven (non-stretchy) fabrics – quilting cotton and non-stretch apparel fabrics. If you have more experience sewing, you could try using some furry fabric for the body. How awesome would that be? If you want to use fleece, you will need to stabilize the mouth where it is sewn to the zipper. See this article for more info.
Download the Pattern and Directions
This pattern has been moved to my pattern shop! It is available for purchase here.
- Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this project or any others! My email is sewfearless [at] gmail [dot] com or @sewfearless on twitter.
- Could send me a picture of your finished project? Either by email, or by adding to the Facebook fan page. I would love to see how yours turns out, and I may even post your pictures to my blog.
- Want to make Pajama Eaters for Sale? There is cottage industry licensing available. More info here.