Pajama Eaters – Downloadable Pattern

There are few new additions to our household.

Each of these helpful and huggable creatures lives on a small bed,

and has quite an appetite for clean-but-not-squeeky pajamas.

We feed them every morning and they give back the jammies at night. Isn’t that nice of them?

We call them our Pajama Eaters.

Project Materials

For this project you will need:

• 1 yard of fabric (42″ wide) for the monster’s body and limbs
  • A fat quarter (18″ x 22″), or 1/2 yard cut of fabric for the mouth and pillow lining
  • Fabric scraps for applique eyes and for the soles of the feet
  • 9″ x 12″ sheet of white felt for teeth
  • 12″ zipper that matches the mouth fabric
  • Fiber-fill
  • Sewable iron-on adhesive like Heat ‘n’ Bond Lite for the eye appliques
  • matching threads
  • The Usual Sewing Implements – sewing machine, pins, hand sewing needle, scissors, etc

I used quilter’s cotton to make the monsters pictured (except the hot pink material is corduroy).  This pattern is designed for woven (non-stretchy) fabrics – quilting cotton and non-stretch apparel fabrics. If you have more experience sewing, you could try using some furry fabric for the body. How awesome would that be?  If you want to use fleece, you will need to stabilize the mouth where it is sewn to the zipper.  See this article for more info.

Download the Pattern and Directions

This pattern  has been moved to my pattern shop! It is available for purchase here

Sample Page - click to download directions

• Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this project or any others! My email is sewfearless [at] gmail [dot] com or @sewfearless on twitter.
  • Could send me a picture of your finished project? Either by email, or by adding to the Facebook fan page. I would love to see how yours turns out, and I may even post your pictures to my blog.
  • Want to make Pajama Eaters for Sale? There is cottage industry licensing available. More info here.
Feed those hungry little monsters!

, , , , , , , , , ,

172 Responses to Pajama Eaters – Downloadable Pattern

1. stitchknit August 5, 2011 at 9:09 am #

These are SO cute. I don’t have any little ones to make one for! :( I always have a couple teen foster boys ………….and I’m pretty sure I couldn’t convince them to use one of these little guys.

Very creative!

• Alana August 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

Make me one 😀
      Haha Kidding :)

2. Antoinette August 5, 2011 at 9:53 am #

These are genius! So well done.

3. Kim Kruse ~ The Sassy Crafter August 5, 2011 at 10:00 am #

These are adorable! And what a great way to make tidying up fun for little kids

4. HighDesertGal August 5, 2011 at 11:13 am #

This is so inspiring that I’m going to break out my too little used sewing machine (after my vacation) and make two of these.

• Jodi August 5, 2011 at 11:55 am #

wonderful!

5. Carole August 5, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

I love these! I am going to make one to use as a “Sound Muncher” for my classroom:) Thanks for sharing:)

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 6:33 am #

what a great use!

• Vani September 24, 2014 at 4:47 pm #

Vou fazer essas almofadas engolidoras de pijamas depois posto no facebook, achei lindas.

6. wendy August 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Fabulous!! I’ll be making at least a couple of these… I think they’ll make great christmas gifts for small nieces and nephews. Thanks!!! :)

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 6:34 am #

I have a couple niees that will get them for christmas too.

7. Andrea August 5, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

I love these, and I’m sure my Monica would think they are just as fabulous. :)

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 6:34 am #

I haven’t meet a kid who didn’t smile when they met one. :)

8. Monster For Rent August 5, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

I’m a 41 year-old guy with no children & my girlfriend’s kids are in their late teens. That said, the minute I saw these, I had to come and leave you a comment.

These are adorable!!! I would have to think that every child lucky enough to have one of these would cherish it for their whole life. Great job!

• Jodi August 5, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

That is probably the funniest response I’ve gotten yet. :) thanks for stopping by.

9. patricia escanho August 5, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

These are so cute! My son has a sleep over tomorrow night and I hope to manage to make one for him and another one for his cousin. Tks for the tutorial!

• Jodi August 5, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

Send pictures!! I would love to see!

10. Elizabeth August 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm #

What a fantastic pattern and idea!!!! I looove it!!

11. smalltowngirl August 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

Those are one of the cutest things I’ve seen in a long time! Thanks so much for sharing!!

12. luciana hastings August 6, 2011 at 3:23 am #

They’ll look awesome as a backpack. really ADORABLE :)

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 6:35 am #

great idea!

13. anne weaver August 6, 2011 at 8:32 am #

These are soooo cute!! I love their zipper mouths! I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:

–Anne

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

Thanks for linking!

14. jen August 6, 2011 at 9:01 am #

LOVE these! I’m going to make 3 – one for me, one for my husband, and one for our daughter .

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 11:59 am #

I hope your husband enjoys it! :)

15. Sarah F August 6, 2011 at 9:02 am #

This is awesome!!!! Also, totally love that the directions are in comic book form. Even my hubby said he would learn to sew to make this awesome creation!!!! I promise to post a finished pic(……if I finish it this year!!!) my to make list is soooo long!

16. Rebecca August 6, 2011 at 9:55 am #

Thank you so much for this pattern and tutorial! I think this will be Christmas gifts for my kids this year. Maybe they’ll understand that they can wear pj’s more than once and it will lighten my laundry load some. I found this on pinterest and will repin to share with my friends, have liked your facebook and will definitely share pictures of my finished projects. Thank you again!

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

Thank you for sharing with your friends. I hope they lighten your (laundry) load!

17. Missy August 6, 2011 at 11:17 am #

Love the idea! I have several younger nieces and nephews for whom I will make these for Christmas. I will stay away from the monster theme, though, since three of the children just buried their father yesterday. Instead, I will modify each Pajama Eater to match each niece or nephew’s interest/favorite character. This should be a great hit!
    ~ Missy

• Jodi August 6, 2011 at 11:59 am #

What a sweet gift at such a hard time. I will keep them in my prayers today.

• Missy August 6, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

Thank you so much. They are 9, 8, and almost 2. Prayers are definitely appreciated. :)

18. Rosalix August 6, 2011 at 11:45 am #

It is fantastic! I loved it!

19. Michelle August 6, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

What a fabulous tutorial! Crystal-clear directions AND eye candy in the form of a comic book. Plus, I’ve been trying (and failing) to find an ingenious way to convince my 7-year-old not to toss her pajamas into the laundry EVERY day. I am laundry-weary. Maybe this is the answer to my problem. Thank you!

20. Shelly August 6, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Super Cute! Great idea and thank you!

21. Veronica August 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

These are so cute! My little guy will love it and I’m pretty sure my niece will be getting one for Christmas. Thank you for the freebie!

22. Dorothee-Maria August 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

Ooh, I am in love…!!
    These are too cute!
    I can’t wait to try that.
    I am going to make one adorable monster for each and every possible “victim” for that! :]
    To make them smile, every time they see/use it, just like I can’t stop smiling now. ♥!!!
    I will make one to sit with us in our living room, keeping our remote controls out of reach for our little girl – finally an “appropriate place” for them! :]
    Again:
    THANK YOU, for making my heart beating a little faster.

• Jodi August 7, 2011 at 6:34 am #

Remote Control eaters?!!? That would most excellent. :)

23. Toqua's Crafts August 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

I found you via CraftGossip.com
    I LOVE these! I think my grandson’s will be getting these for Christmas! (They’re 6 and 2… perfect ages!)
    I like how your instructions look like cartoons! That is so creative! I’m sure you have a program that you work with to do that.
    I liked you on FB!
    Have a GREAT day!

24. luvinthemommyhood August 6, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

Oh my gosh, I’m dying over this! So adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pinned :)

• Jodi August 7, 2011 at 6:29 am #

Thanks for pinning, Shannon! 😉

25. Simone August 6, 2011 at 11:35 pm #

Hey, these are amazing! I am so glad I found this. I plan on making them at Christmas presents for my godson and younger cousins and maybe even one for myself because they are just so darn cute! I have a silly question however, with the batting, do the pj’s sit on top of the batting in the mouth or did I just not read correctly and there’s a top “pouch” for the pjs and batting underneath that? Just out of curiosity..
    Thanks again for the tutorial though, I can’t wait to whip a few of these up!

• Jodi August 7, 2011 at 6:29 am #

I am not sure what you are asking. The PJs are separated from the stuffing, The pocket you put them in lays on front of the space that is stuffed with the pocket. Does that help?

• Simone August 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

Yes! Thank you so much!

• Lucy August 31, 2011 at 7:02 am #

Haha, I had that thought too, don’t worry. Glad for the clarification.

26. GranmaPotter August 7, 2011 at 8:47 am #

Jodi, to cute. Add strapes and you have a backpack. way to cute to stay hidden in a room.

27. Cristina August 7, 2011 at 9:07 am #

Thank you for the tutorial. This monsters will make any children happy.

28. Pam August 7, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

I’m awestruck! These are so adorable and you are one creative lady! I’ll be making at least 4 of these for my great nieces and nephews for Christmas. I’d also love to make a few to donate to Toys for Tots this year if that would be okay? I’ll post on my blog when these are complete and link back to this original post. Thank you so much for your generosity!

• Jodi August 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

You can definitely make them for Toys for Tots! Pictures and link backs are greatly appreciated.

29. Alexis Gerritsen August 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm #

Dear Jodi, I could print the instructions BUT the pattern for the pyjamam eaters would only print the arm, some of the teeth and nothing else! Please can you help with the pattern? Alexis,

• Jodi August 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

The pattern pieces are for all the non-rectangular pieces and there should be one for the teeth, arm, sole of foot, and eyes. Could you see all of those?

The measurements for the rectangular pieces are given in the directions. If you have a rotary cutter and rulerthis is a very quick task. Use a ruler to measure and draw out the rectangular pieces on your fabric and then cut out. Hope that helps!

• Alexis Gerritsen August 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

Hi Jodi, My pattern printout (3times!) cuts off just past the bit that says “To print this pattern correctly” on the sole. Then nothing.

• Jodi August 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

I’m sorry to hear that, Alexis. That must be so frustrating. I can’t think of what could be wrong, except maybe something to do with the pdf reader that you are using? I’ll try emailing you the pattern directly to see if that helps.

30. Storm August 8, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

I’ve already been to the fabric store 3 times this week, but it looks like I will be making another trip today after work to get supplies for these guys. They are absolutely fantastic, and I love the ideas others had of using them as backpacks or to hold remote controls. I’m thinking of making one for remotes in my house (as we seem to have 2 remotes, and a multitude of video game controllers that we can never find) and another for my neice for her PJ’s.

Thank you so much for the instructions!

31. wanderlea August 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

Adoro seus trabalhos. Lindos estes monstrinhos!!!

32. Alexis Gerritsen August 8, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

Dear Jodi, Thank you very much – it’s perfect now – arms, sole and eyes! I’l start as soon as possible. Thank you for the wonderful help.

33. Neca Pradera August 10, 2011 at 7:03 am #

Amei!!!! Lindo!!!!
    Obrigada!

34. Joan Gunter August 10, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Hi Jodi,
    At last an easy fun Christmas project for my youngest grandchildren (I’m considering some ideas for the teenagers as well). I’ll send pictures but it will be a day or two before I begin. We have a big family reunion on the docket and I’m the matriarch of our family. Thanks for making this free!

35. VNitz, MyLittleCuddles August 10, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

Saw your fab design today on the Bernina FB page. I had trouble printing like others but found this helpful tip also on the Bernina FB page: “@Elizabeth Bay — Very cute! This may be a Christmas present for my grandson. I had trouble printing too, until I realized I was using the wrong print menu. __Choose File/Print from below the words Google Doc__. I was using the web browser print screen and printing only the screen shot.”
    *Also – as I am outside the US, I set my printer to size the doc for US Letter paper, 8.5×11 inches*
    I’m going to make one for my son who will be 4 in 2 weeks! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Jodi August 10, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Thanks for the tip! That would explain the trouble.

36. Wendy Tortoriello August 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Oh wow, I LOVE these! I hope my twin toddlers will love them too :)

2 Pajama eaters for their bedroom, but I’m seriously considering making a remote control eater for the living room too! (Thanks for the great idea fellow commenter!)

Wish me luck, this will be my 1st real zipper attempt… Thanks :)

• Jodi August 10, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

Good luck! I recommend starting sewing with the zipper unzipped halfway. When you are close to the zipper pull, stop sewing with the needle down, left up the foot and scootch the zipper pull behind foot, then keep sewing.

37. Rebeca August 11, 2011 at 9:41 am #

Lindos demais! Uma ótima ideia! Parabéns!

38. Jenny August 11, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

These. Are. Amazing. ALL my friends are getting them as presents. And I’m 27.

39. Esther August 12, 2011 at 9:14 am #

Thank you for the great tutorial. I will make some little monsters for my grand children. can already see there faces!

Esther

40. Reenie August 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

Jodi- these are ADORABLE and BRILLIANT. Now I want one. And I love the idea of one for the remotes too!! And Christmas gifts for the munchkins, and everything. This might be your million dollar idea, babe. I am so inspired, awed, impressed… you’re my hero :)

41. michelle August 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm #

my daughter told me not to make a “stuffed guy” (family name for plush) fir her to take to colledge, but if I make a goth version of this, she may take it with. Maybe even keep sleepware in it!

42. Vanina August 12, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

This is so cute! Wonderful idea. When I make one I would let you know. Thank you so much for sharing!

43. clothespin August 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

LOVE it. Perfect for my little girl and her cousins. But, with 5 cousins to sew for, I need to get busy soon! My sewing list is SO LONG. It’s not even funny. Thanks for adding to it!

44. Bird August 13, 2011 at 3:13 am #

This is sooooooo cool!! Makes me smile! :)

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the sugar lollipops. They have included a link, which is ok by me. Some people share and don’t even bother to link back!
    I appreciate you looking out for me!! :)

Have a sweet weekend!!
    XOXO
    Bird

• Jodi August 13, 2011 at 6:40 am #

No problem. I know I would want be told if someone was republishing my blog posts in their entirety on other websites. Link back or not.

45. Jennifer August 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

My first monster turned out GREAT (even though I accidentally put the legs on sideways, lol)!! I’m going to be making quite a few of these for Christmas and birthdays this year! Hubs is in the AirForce, and wants me to make some using some of his old uniforms (he even asked if I’m gonna make him one!) – I think they’ll be awesome gifts for the little boys on my list! Thanks so much!!

46. Melissa Huffines August 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

So cute! I’m going to make these for my 4 daughters for Christmas! What a great idea :) If I have the energy after four, I’ve got lot’s of little family members that would love these too! Thanks so much for sharing!

47. Missy August 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

I LOVE that you will use hubby’s uniforms to make this! Very, very cool!

48. Sara Mounts Silvers August 14, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

Julie, I am so making these Brynn and Nathan for Christmas!

49. Jaimee August 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

This has got to be one of the cutest projects I’ve seen!? What a GREAT idea! I adore your blog title and the banner with Wonder Woman. I have a Wonder Woman action figure on my sewing table. I like to think her little fist-pumping is all to cheer me on ; ) Been poking around your blog…good stuff! I’m going to share your Pajama Eaters on my crafty facebook page : )

• Jodi August 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

REALLY?!?! As a mom of three boys, you are a wonder woman yourself. :)

And thanks for sharing.

50. Lauren M. August 14, 2011 at 11:42 pm #

These look amazing….I sooo wish I could sew!! I’m going to see if my mother in law can help me make one when she comes in town…I know both my kids would really love them! thank you for sharing and I’m pinning right now!!

51. Karla August 16, 2011 at 10:22 am #

Do you still have the patterns available? I’ve been trying to download with no sucess… I want to cry!
    I really want to try these for my two boys

• Jodi August 16, 2011 at 10:29 am #

It should be still available. email me with more details on what errors you are receiving and I will try to troubleshoot with you. sewfearless [at] gmail [dot] com

52. Kim August 16, 2011 at 11:44 am #

I am not sure if the pattern printed out right for me. I did it the way you said and all of the pieces ended up on one sheet of paper still, can that be right? I’m trying this as my very first sewing project and have no idea what I’m doing.

• Jodi August 16, 2011 at 11:46 am #

There is only one page to the PDF pattern. You should be able to see the arm, teeth, foot, and a few eye options. The rectangular pieces are not included. You will have to measure those out using a ruler.

• Kim August 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

Thank you so much, I guess it just looks bigger in the pictures so I thought it wouldn’t all fit on one page. I’m going to give it a try, hope it turns out well.

• Jodi August 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

The teeth are cut “on the fold” so that is why they look so small. Also, be sure to select “no scaling” when printing the PDF.

• Jodi August 16, 2011 at 11:48 am #

There has been a small amount of confusion about accessing the file through Google Docs. When you click on the link to the pattern above, it will take you to the file within Google Docs. To download the PDF, you must click on the “File” menu *underneath* the Google Docs logo. From that menu select either “print” or “download original file”.

53. Grant Ashley August 17, 2011 at 12:21 am #

these are genuinely amazing. my mother is making one for a family who is an artist and loves toys. thank you for sharing such a cool thing!

54. Samantha August 17, 2011 at 10:44 am #

Thank you for sharing this! I think my daughter and I might make one together for my son’s upcoming 8th birthday. Too cool!

55. By Night August 17, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

Thank you so, so much for this awesome idea and tutorial. I just made one for a friend’s kid. He named it ‘Victor’. Here’s the link to my post: http://madebynight.blogspot.com/2011/08/il-sappelle-victor.html
    I followed totally the tutorial except I added ears.
    Thanks again!

• Jodi August 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

Victor is adorable! Feel free to share him on the facebook fan page!

56. dolly August 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

hello i`m from germany
    my english is not so good (-:
    the tutoiral is very very nice!!!!!!!!!!! thx!!!

from hamburg dolly (-:

• Jodi August 17, 2011 at 7:30 pm #

LOVE IT! :)

• dolly August 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

its a crazy monster! xD me too! hahahahhahaha

57. Nikki August 19, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

Love!!! I would have to get over my fear of sewing zippers to make this!

• Jodi August 20, 2011 at 6:38 am #

These are pretty easy zippers to install And I hate installing zippers.

I just learned of using a glue stick to hold the zipper in place for sewing . Genius! Pins are so fiddly around zippers.

58. Noctua August 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

Hi! I just saw these super-cute monsters and even though I won’t have time to sew one for the next months, I wanted to let you know, that in my eyes they are totally gorgeous! :)
    I found a quite similar but smaller monster in a little shop in Germany some time ago – it was to “eat” all the sorrows you write on a little piece of paper, so you don’t have to be sad anymore. I thought this to be quite cute. But your monster is both cute and practical which makes it even better. 😀

59. Maria August 23, 2011 at 10:35 am #

I really cannot saw to save my life but I really really want this!! Is there anyone who would be willing to make it and I’ll buy it from you? Please? my email is mboix001@fiu.edu

60. Jennifer August 26, 2011 at 11:15 am #

Oh I am so excited!!! Thank you for the pattern and directions!!! I can’t wait to post my pictures.

61. Heather Nordland Leurquin August 28, 2011 at 11:30 am #

love this pattern…will be making more :) use for the scrap heap :)

62. Whitney August 29, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Ahh these are wonderful! Any way I can buy these? I checked out Vanessa’s Etsy but I wasnt as in love with hers as I am these ones.. Is anyone selling them cheap so I can give one to my baby sister? :)

63. Kate August 29, 2011 at 4:59 pm #

I don’t sew. I have to start it now :) They are adorable!

64. Heather Nordland Leurquin August 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

fair warning for those thinking about making one…..you CANT JUST MAKE ONE….i am now in the process of 3 and 4 is almost planned out….amazing i LOVE LOVE LOVE them…all the kids in the family will have at least one before i am done i think!! i made one without a zipper and still turned out amazing and #3 has horns :) #4 is going to be out of a shirt from my late dad :)

• Heather Nordland Leurquin August 29, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

and it’s my first time with fusible web TY for making me step outside my comfort zone!! i get stuck in a crafting rut every once in a while :)

• Jodi August 30, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

That’s what I’m all about! Dive right in and learn something new! So glad you are loving them. I love your pictures. :)

65. Shalane August 31, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

Does the pattern print on one 8X11 sheet of paper?
    I don’t have the option to click ‘no scaling’ so I’m not sure if it printed correctly.

• Jodi August 31, 2011 at 6:45 pm #

yes it does. You will have more options to print if you download the pdf file to your computer and open it in a program like Adobe Reader.

66. kathy September 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Very cute I am making one for my grand child

67. becky September 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

So adorable!

68. Lisa September 3, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

These are so cute! But I am so not crafty. Have you considered selling them on ETSY?

69. Danielle September 3, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

Thanks for the awsome tutorial!! I made one for my son last night for christmas!
    I linked to your post and blog at my blog here: http://realhousewifeofarizona.blogspot.com/2011/09/pajama-eaters.html
    Thanks again!!

70. Monica B September 4, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

Ohhhhhh I love these!! SOOOOO cute!! Thank you for sharing with us. I’m totally going to bust out and make one. With eyelashes! 😀

71. Julie September 7, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

so cute! I will so have to make one for my 3 yr old niece who is obsessed with monsters.

72. Michelle September 11, 2011 at 8:58 am #

I LOVE these!

I’m from Denmark, so my english is not to good. Is the patteren no longer available? :( I would love to make one of these! Fantastic idea!

73. Amber September 13, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

How adorable! i came across these on Sumble & have fallen in-love! My 3 year old has to fold his clothes at the end of his bed but i think this would be a more fun (and appealing) idea.
    i am a horrible sewer but am going to attempt to make these. you should sell these, they’d be a hit!

74. lindernomics September 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

This is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. Love it!

75. Lia September 15, 2011 at 11:36 am #

I just placed a picture-link of your pajama eaters on my blog. Such a great idea!! They are already in my list of projects to do in the future.

76. Flo September 25, 2011 at 2:40 am #

Hello, thank’s a lot for this tutorial and pattern ! Here is my version : http://jaipasfini.org/?p=1963

77. Jody October 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

Awww man, Im so disapointed, I finally got the time and stuff to make these pj monsters and can’t do it, I printed the pattern out over a month ago and now I cant find it. My computer broke and I just got it back and was going to print off the pattern again but now it ‘s not free. :(
    My daughter will be so disapointed! I guess I will have to look around and hopfuly I can find it. .

Thank You for the great monsters.

78. chrissy carter November 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

I amtrying to find the directions for these cute pajami monsters…… I love them I have a 21 month old son who I bet would just love them. I just started sewing, i would love to try and make these.

79. Chrissy carter November 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I am having trouble understanding how to sew the sole of the foot to the leg?????? It seems impossible! Can anyone help me??

• Jodi November 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

Chrissy, I’m sending you an email.

80. Fran P November 27, 2011 at 9:24 am #

I just about finished with this pattern, but like the previous post, I don’t understand the sewing of the sole to the foot, please help me, thanks. Fran

• Jodi November 27, 2011 at 10:38 am #

Things can look a tricky when fitting a curved edge (the sole) to a straight one (the leg). First, I am going to assume that the leg was sewn together properly. It should be a short fat tube, not a long skinny one. And that you printed out the pattern according to directions (you chose “no scaling” when printing).

The circumference of the leg tube and the circumference of the outer edge of the sole do NOT match up, but the circumference of the tube and the circumference of the sole seam do. This is probably were your confusion is. Match up the bottom edge of the leg to the edge of sole. When fitting it to the curved corners, clip into the leg’s seam allowance (no farther than 1/4″ in ) maybe every 1/8 inch or so. This allows you to spread (or “ease”) out the leg’s seam allowance edge to fit the sole’s edge and the leg and sole will match up at the seam line.

This is a nice picture of what I mean by clipping the seam allowance and stretching it around a curve. http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/sewing-curves-made-easy/technique_steps/3

Hope that helps. If I didn’t explain it well enough, please email me. (sewfearless at gmail dot com)

81. Tiffany December 8, 2011 at 10:26 am #

love this idea! i must try it!

82. Angela December 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm #

I made two of these for Christmas presents and the people I showed them too raved about them I now have requests from my friends who can’t sew to make the for their kids. Thanks for the great pattern – and they are so easy too. I pretty much got each one together in a day!

• Jodi December 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm #

I’m glad to hear it. :)

83. lala December 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

achei o maximo voce é um gênio parabéns.

• Jodi December 28, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

Thank you very much. :)

84. Needle in the Haley January 8, 2012 at 11:28 pm #

hey Jodi –

I am at the VERY last step here with my pj eaters for my niece and nephew. They look great; however, I can’t exactly understand the steps 26 through the end. Is there an area where I can ask some basic questions? I don’t want to flood your comment area.

Thanks!

• Jodi January 9, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Sure! Send me an email sewfearless @ gmail . com or message me on twitter. @sewfearless

85. Amber T. January 22, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

I just bought the pattern last week and finished my first one just now. It is super cute! I just love the idea and the steps went together pretty easy. The legs are a bit tricky, but take your time and don’t overfill them and they are easy too. I’m glad I found this pattern in January – gives me plenty of time to make all the nieces and nephews one for Christmas! Thanks so much!

86. Ann C. February 2, 2012 at 7:53 am #

I was bummed to find that the pattern is not free anymore, but $10.00?? Now that’s a little greedy I think, specially for a pattern that is not that hard to figure out. I understand trying to profit from your creativity, but that’s a little much, considering that it started as a free tutorial. Good luck.

• Jen February 7, 2012 at 6:26 pm #

I am super annoyed that it is not free. I can barely afford to pay for the fabric and now I have to buy the pattern? Lame.

87. Thea February 3, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

Very cute .. another thing to think about making. So many projects, so little time ..

88. sierra sky March 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm #

are they not free any more? so sad. i would have liked to make one

89. MamyARTEIRA March 22, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Adorei!!!! Fofíssimos!

90. Mj April 9, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

These are amazing!! I am going to make them for my kiddos!! Can I link your site after I finish?

91. Alisha U July 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

I love this idea! I totally never know what to do with pjs. They aren’t clean so they don’t go back in the drawer, but they aren’t dirty so they don’t go in the clothes basket. I usually just throw them on top of the dresser and it looks aweful… this is such a cute idea for kids.

92. Rebecca August 4, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

These are so cute! Kind of reminds me of those “stuffies” they sell on tv.

93. ClauPego October 28, 2012 at 9:00 am #

Just marvelous!!!
    My kid loved it…
    [IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss82/ClauPego/Facebook/Crochet/387623_548135135212815_1838446179_n.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks!

94. Caroline March 2, 2013 at 11:07 am #

Really wanted to make this for my sisters birthday but then found you had to pay :(

95. Stephanie October 24, 2014 at 8:27 am #

I love this idea! I really wanted the pattern and when I did research wherever these lil monsters were there was a link that said free pattern and then it sends me to your site only to be told you now have to pay…I hope it becomes free again ’cause paying $8 converted into South African rands its like R90for this pattern our exchange rate is kinda pathetic. Awesome ideas you have though

96. paola January 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm #

que paso ? ya no se ve patrón de descarga gratis
    gracias bye

97. Chris June 21, 2015 at 12:48 pm #

I do not know how to sew…but would purchase this if someone would make it!! LOL!! Adorable!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Free pattern: Pajama Eaters monster pillows · Sewing | CraftGossip.com - August 6, 2011

[…] Jodi from Sew Fearless sewed up some Pajama Eaters, monster shaped pillows that also serve to hold a child’s pajamas near the bed.  She shares a free pattern and tutorial on her blog. The monster’s mouth is a zippered opening.  These are soooo cute!  Get the free pattern and tutorial. […]

2. So Much To Sew. So Little Time. « Small Town Girl - August 7, 2011

[…] (These are ‘Pajama Eaters’.  You unzip their mouth and put your pajamas in them.  So cool!  Found here.) […]

3. How-To: Pajama Eaters @Craftzine.com blog - August 11, 2011

[…] monsters under the bed, these cute little guys are made to be seen! The Pajama Eaters tutorial from Sew Fearless is a fun way to keep kids’ pajamas hidden away and tidy. Head over to the site to […]

4. Kreativ-Links, Teil 10 – Abraxandria - August 21, 2011

[…] ein Organizer aus Filz zum aufhängen mit einer süßen Eule, Baby-Würfel, sweete Pajama Eaters und eine praktische […]

5. The Attack of the Pajama Eaters! | Sew Fearless - August 29, 2011

[…] folks.  I have been blown away by the response the Pajama Eaters have gotten. Your pictures and general enthusiasm for these cuddly monsters have made this pattern […]

6. Stacy Sews - Diary of a Fabric Junkie » Blog Archive » 115 - August 31, 2011

[…] the kids: Pajama Eaters (by the way, today is the last day to get this pattern for free) stuffed with a new pair of […]

7. Happy (belated) Friday! | The Purplest House - September 5, 2011

[…] PAJAMAS […]

8. pj eaters | Pregnant Fashion & Design - September 5, 2011

[…] Pajama eaters, the cutest solution to clothes on the floor. Project from sew fearless. […]

9. Jaipasfini.org » monstre - September 25, 2011

[…] Toujours dans la catégorie trucs en tissus (et je vous épargnerais ma housse à machine à coudre), voici un monstre mangeur de pyjama pour mon neveu, fini hier tard dans la nuit … D’après ici […]

10. Where do your pajamas live? | Thread Riding Hood - July 29, 2012

[…] needed to sew a gift for a 1 and 3 year old’s birthday, found this pattern and these guys […]

11. 29 Free Patterns for Felt Gifts - December 6, 2012

[…]  Pajama Eater Monsters ~ These cute little felt monsters have a zipper in their mouth which opens a large pocket designed […]

12. Pajama Eating Bears or maybe these bears eat toddlers??? « HazelHope Creations - January 8, 2013

[…] made pajama eaters for HazelHope Laddie and HazelHope […]

13. Plush Pattern Pajama Eaters by Sew Fearless - * Plushie Patterns * - January 11, 2013

[…] Pajama Easter Plush Pattern by Sew Fearless […]

14. Handmade Holiday | finding her element - January 18, 2013

[…] Pajama Eaters and their Food I followed the PJ eater pattern pretty much exactly and the pajama bottoms are from […]

15. Ideenrausch « Nephtyis im Nähwahn - February 4, 2013

[…] habe ich im Web eine Anleitung für diese coolen Kuscheltiere mit Reißverschlussmund […]

16. Pyjama Eaters | sewlivelove - June 13, 2013

[…] (Pattern can be found here – http://sewfearless.com/2011/08/05/pajama-eaters-the-tutorial/ ). […]

17. Five Dolla’ Make You Holla’ Holiday Series: Sisters & Daughters | brokeGIRLrich - November 18, 2013

[…] 1.) Pajama Eaters –The fiberfill, piece of white felt and the zipper will take you up to about $5 (and you’ll have to hunt a bit to keep the fiberfill in that realm). I’d also recommend repurposing the rest of the piece of white felt for the eyes instead of using sewable iron-on adhesives. If you are already a bit of a sewer or crafter and have some spare scraps lying around, you can keep this project under $5. However, these weird little creatures should make the kid and it’s mom pretty happy. […]

18. MOAR CHRISTMAS GIFTS: PJ and PJ EATER EDITION | TheSeedsof3 - December 12, 2013

[…] pattern is from Sewfearless and it is so fun to […]

19. Pyjama eater | Made by Metteks - January 26, 2014

[…] The pattern is from Sew Fearless […]

20. Pirate Pajama Eater | Jaime Johnson - March 6, 2014

[…] PDF pattern companies got together and bundled 30 of their patterns together for one low price. The Pajama Eater Pattern from Sew Fearless was part of that […]

21. 8 Tutorials To Make Felt Toys For Kids | Felting | CraftGossip.com - April 11, 2014

[…] 4-Pajama Eaters from Sew Fearless […]