Three Little Suitcases

The project that has been dreamed of, planned for, hinted at, and slaved over is finally finished!

UPDATE! This pattern is now available!

Three little suitcases – sized just right for a trip to grandma’s house with pockets to spare for necessities.

They are light enough for a child to carry, but rigid enough hold shape will stacking or carrying.

The question is…
Would you like a pattern for it?

I have the paper pattern pieces and took tutorial photos while I sewed, but I am undecided if I should dive into the last step of turning it into a digital pattern. It is obviously not a “beginner” pattern, but perhaps some of you have been around the sewing block a couple of times and are interested in a project that will stretch your skill set? I promise to hold your hand along the way. :)

Let me know what you think. I’ll be waiting to hear from you.

Contact me!

Comments

1. says

Oh yes, yes, yes. I sure want to make the suitcases. All three as we have 3 grandchildren. You did a great job of them. Love the inside. What detail.

2. says

Yes yes yes! (And please don’t worry about me too much. There are experienced seamstresses in the family to save me from going down in advanced stitchery flames.)

Those are darling. And the timing is good for Christmas gifts…

3. Missy says

While I am a beginner, I do have an aunt who always helps me. This would be perfect for her and I to work on during Thanksgiving holidays. Because this would be a fun project for us to tackle together, I hope that you do offer us the pattern. :)

You did an amazing job on this project!

4. says

What a very cool project! I’m always looking for a sewing challenge with something that is good looking and practical and Gris totally fits the bill!! I would LOVE it if you had this pattern available. Very creative great job :)

5. Antoinette Red says

Yes! I would love to try to make one of those for myself….um…I mean my two children. Fantastic job!

6. says

Sim, sim, sim, sim, por favor! Isto ‘e um sonho para fazer para meus 3 filhos sendo 2 meninase 1 menino. Elas são pefeitas!
    Aliás, amo seu blog e sempre o estou visitando. Parabéns!

7. says

So I guess I’ll have to work on pulling that together! It will probably be a at least a couple weeks though. I have some sewing to catch up on first. :)

8. Dada says

oui, oui, ce serai les cadeaux idéal pour les enfants pour toujours avoir leur jouet favoris et leur petit trésors , et , bien jolie couleurs, bravo j’aimerai bien essayer le tuto. merci beaucoup

9. says

I would be interested in a pattern for this. When I first saw it I immediately thought it could also be used a a travel pet bed. You could put a pillow in the bottom, and leashes and toys in the top compartments.

• says

My local Joann’s. I decided to go with garment making zippers instead of utility zippers because they were readily available with good color seleciton. I used a set of two 22 inch zippers for each suitcase.

10. Suélen says

OMG, I love it!! I looking for a suitcase tutorial a long time and neve found =/
    I hope u can give us a tutorial.

Kisses

11. Amy Moore says

Yes please! I am almost finished my Pajama Eaters for my nephews and daughters and was wondering what wonderful thing I can make for them next Christmas. Sign me up! I’ll start early. :)

12. Jo Randell says

I just bought the Pyjama Eater and cant wait to do them. I really want a tute for this one too, you did an awesome job, well done

13. Angie says

I think you should do it like the Pajama eaters. Try it as a free PDF for a while and then sell it based on the response…

• says

I think I will give it a free download period. I like to I release patterns for free initially in order to get some feedback and pattern testing before I started charging. Kind of like “Beta” versions of software.

14. jill says

How exciting…I can’t wait! I want to make one for each of my grandchildren for their trip to nana’s house =)

15. SuSu says

Love these cute little suitcases. You should make them and sell on Etsy.com. If you do end up doing that, please send me your store info. I have no time to sew. Also would love some other colors and materials. Would this be easily doable in a fake leather material?

Trackbacks