Ta Da! Look I knitted something! And it wasn’t so bad. Well, there was a hair-raising experience when I was trying “bind off” and I ran out of yarn. I survived that and it’s done. Squeeshy, soft, warm. I’m happy.
This is a wonderful “adventurous beginner” knitting project. I’ll even break it down for you if you would like to make one.
- Get the pattern and gather the supplies.
- Cast-on your stitches and join them “in the round“.
- Use alternating knit and purl stitches to create what is called a “Seed” stitch. Do this over and over until it makes you cross-eyed with boredom.
- Bind off. Weave in loose ends.
- Have your husband take pictures of it on his lunch break so you can post them to the luvinthemommyhood flickr group before the knit along deadline.