First off, I wanted to express just how very thankful I am for my pattern testers, Sara, Heather, Barb, and Victoria, and for Angela and my amazing mother-in-law who proof-read the directions and gave me some fantastic feedback. The pattern is a bajillion times better for it.
Heather, Sara, and Barb were kind enough to share photos of their adorable suitcases with me. So without further ado… here they are!
Barb was dead set on using this adorable print for the main fabric. So, she “interlined” the decorative fabric with canvas. Totally worth it. It couldn’t have turned out cuter.
She also chose to buy pre-made piping instead of making it.
I was also very excited to have Sara test my pattern for me because she lives in the UK. She successfully printed her pattern pieces on A4 paper!
(used with permission)
She had trouble getting her hands on plastic canvas, but made creative use of a plastic chopping mat instead. Very clever!
And last, but not least, Heather’s…
Applique! And Denim!
You can read all about Heather’s suitcaseon her blog “Three Sixty Five Create” where she is also giving away the Sidekick Suitcase Pattern to one lucky winner on her blog.
I am giving away 5 copies of the Sidekick Suitcase Pattern here!
– This giveaway is over. –
Here’s the drill:
- Leave a comment on this post to enter. (Be sure you leave an email address).
- Earn a second entry by tweeting, Facebooking, other-social-media-ing about the giveaway and tell me what you did.
- Comments must be made before February 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM. I’ll draw names March 1st.
- If you win this giveaway and have already purchased the pattern, I will refund you the purchase price. (Just send me your Paypal receipt as proof of purchase.)
Some other details…
- Five commenters will be chosen at random to receive the Sidekick Suitcase Pattern PDF file.
- This giveaway is open to entries world-wide. Two entries (comments) per household.
- If I try to contact you at the email address you left, and you don’t get back with me within two weeks. The prize will be forfeited.
- Identical entries will be deleted. Anymore than two comments from the same email address, will be deleted.
- Random.org will choose the comment ID numbers that are the winning entries.
While you are waiting for the results, be sure to check out the special discount for my readers on the Sidekick Pattern. The offer is good through Feb 29th, 2012.