In times of stress, it’s nice to have a deadline-free, pressure-free project to fall back on. Duncan’s quilt has been that project for me.
When I last posted, the quilt blocks had been sewn together. Since then, I added the gray and pieced borders to the quilt top, and sewed large pieces of fabric together for a quilt back. (pictured above)
Then, it was time to make the “quilt sandwich”. I found a Craftsy course by Ann Peterson about how to quilt a large project on a small. She recommended spray basting and I followed her directions for spray basting a quilt (details also found on her website).
This not a sponsored product shot, but if Dritz wants me to review their products they can definitely send me an email.
Then, I made the sandwich.
Well, actually, first I made real sandwiches, and while the kids were busy with them, I made a quilt sandwich.
Our house is only big enough for this twin sized. If I ever want to make a bigger quilt, we will have to move.
I had to walk outside from the front door to the back door a couple of times to move to the other side of the quilt. There wasn’t room to walk around the quilt back and it was sticky with the spray baste.
(Warm & White batting)
I didn’t trust the basting yet. So, I also put in a smattering of quilting pins.
And last night, I started to quilt.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
I don’t want to leave with a picture of my Scary Dark Mom Cave. So, here is a happy picture of two of our baby pea plants holding hands.