I thought I had really sworn off dresses forever, but here I am sewing another dress pattern and totally loving it. I really appreciate these styles that are nursing-friendly and unfussy. This pattern is the Fringe Dress by Chalk and Notch. It is comfortable and feminine, and it feels like an updated classic. Not only was the pattern fun, the fabric was delicious to sew. Cotton+Steel Rayon lived up to hype. I love the vibrant colors, and the smooth feel. It is delicate, but doesn’t feel cheap. I kept the cut of the dress loose through the waist as a style decision. I have seen people sew their Fringe dresses more form-fitting and they look amazing too. The dart placements make tweaking this dress to suit easy. Also, there are pockets. Need I say more?
- Pattern: Fringe Dress by Chalk and Notch
- Fabric: Cotton + Steel Rifle Paper Co. Les Fleurs Rayon Challis Birch Floral Navy
- Measurements: Height – 5’10”, High Bust – 42 inches, Bust– 44, Waist – 43 inches, Hips – 52 inches
- I used Size 18 in view A with the view B sleeve cuffs.
- I left the front darts open to accommodate my prominent stomach.
- I added 3/4″ to the skirt length but in hindsight, that wasn’t necessary.
- I added 1 inch to the skirt pattern, which added a total of 4 inches to hip circumference.