Yesterday was Gianna’s birthday and I can’t believe what a beautiful and fascinating young lady she is becoming. Yes, she is six years old, still a child, but grown up enough that I am getting a glimpse of the woman she is becoming. It brought me back to looking at these pictures of her and an article I read about “Strong Female Characters”in movies. [Read more...]
Or… How I Went To Sewing Summit and Didn’t Buy Fabric
Or… How I Went To Sewing Summit and Only Sewed Two Seams
Or… How I Went To Sewing Summit and Only Took Crappy iPad Photos
Was Sewing Summit really only last week? It feels like an eternity ago. I’m finally coming out of my jet-lag fog and am ready to put down some of my thoughts about the experience.
I’ll start by answering the questions that I have been asked over and over.
How did Vinny do?
Did you enjoy Sewing Summit with a baby? [Read more...]
As you have probably heard a billion times already, Google Reader is shutting down July 1st. If you have been keeping up with Sew Fearless (or any other blogs) with that RSS reader, you need to subscribe to them some other way and soon.
Here are some options for this blog:
- Feedly is an RSS reader just like Google Reader and it has a really simple migration process for moving your entire collection of blogs over from Google Reader. This is the option I went with. I’m not 100% happy with it yet, but it was the best option for me right now. Their app is super nice too.
- Bloglovin is another RSS option. They have a migration process as well. They tend to be more “picture” focused and I happen to dislike that they cut off the footer of my posts (which is how I give coupons to my readers). Like Feedly they have an app, and they also have the option to email you when your blogs are updated.
- Or, you can move away from RSS and subscribe to Sew Fearless by email by following this link .
There. That wasn’t so bad wasn’t it? Let me know if you have questions.
I’ll be seeing you early next week with a brand spanking new tutorial.
This is just a quick message to say…
- I’m still here! We are exhausted and trying to rediscover our footing. Andy went back to work last week, and my mom went home last Friday. That means this week is the real deal. Wish me luck. Or better yet, send me wine and chocolate. hehe.
[This reminds me of a similar blog post from 2011: Find the New Normal. If only I had the spring weather to bolster my spirits this time around. soon, Jodi, soon.]
- I’m still totally flabbergasted that I am a mom of five. Woah. It does not seem real. I guess it is a good thing I pushed out Vinny “au naturale” or else I would’ve had even more trouble believing he was mine.
- Nursing has been sucky. (very punny, but not funny) And I have been spending waaaaaaayyyyy too much time on my computer distracting myself from its suckiness. It has got to change.
- I had the realization that hand sewing should be totally doable during nursing, at least until Vinny starts grabbing things. (And it will be much more satisfying the browsing the interwebs.) Lucky for me, I made myself a whole round-up of hand sewing project ideas last summer to keep me busy.
I’ve already tried a bit of embroidery last week. Next up? English paper piecing!
or maybe a nap… a nap would be nice.