For this project you will need:
- 1 yard of fabric (42″ wide) for the monster’s body and limbs
- A fat quarter (18″ x 22″), or 1/2 yard cut of fabric for the mouth and pillow lining
- Fabric scraps for applique eyes and for the soles of the feet
- 9″ x 12″ sheet of white felt for teeth
- 12″ zipper that matches the mouth fabric
- Sewable iron-on adhesive like Heat ‘n’ Bond Lite for the eye appliques
- matching threads
- The Usual Sewing Implements – sewing machine, pins, hand sewing needle, scissors, etc
I used quilter’s cotton to make the monsters pictured (except the hot pink material is corduroy). This pattern is designed for woven (non-stretchy) fabrics – quilting cotton and non-stretch apparel fabrics. If you have more experience sewing, you could try using some furry fabric for the body. How awesome would that be? If you want to use fleece, you will need to stabilize the mouth where it is sewn to the zipper. See this article for more info.
The following is included in this 5MB PDF file – project notes, licensing information, printable pattern pieces for all non-rectangular pieces, full color step-by-step instructions laid out in “comic book” style,.