I thought I had really sworn off dresses forever, but here I am sewing another dress pattern and totally loving it. I really appreciate these styles that are nursing-friendly and unfussy. This pattern is the Fringe Dress by Chalk and Notch. It is comfortable and feminine, and it feels like an updated classic. Not only was the pattern fun, the fabric was delicious to sew. Cotton+Steel Rayon lived up to hype. I love the vibrant colors, and the smooth feel. It is delicate, but doesn’t feel cheap. I kept the cut of the dress loose through the waist as a style decision. I have seen people sew their Fringe dresses more form-fitting and they look amazing too. The dart placements make tweaking this dress to suit easy. Also, there are pockets. Need I say more?
- Pattern: Fringe Dress by Chalk and Notch
- Fabric: Cotton + Steel Rifle Paper Co. Les Fleurs Rayon Challis Birch Floral Navy
- Measurements: Height – 5’10”, High Bust – 42 inches, Bust– 44, Waist – 43 inches, Hips – 52 inches
- I used Size 18 in view A with the view B sleeve cuffs.
- I left the front darts open to accommodate my prominent stomach.
- I added 3/4″ to the skirt length but in hindsight, that wasn’t necessary.
- I added 1 inch to the skirt pattern, which added a total of 4 inches to hip circumference.
This is absolutely gorgeous on you, Jodi! I have the other view planned out of a floral crepe and I can’t wait until I can carve out the sewing time.
Seriously amazing Jodi! Perfect style for you. I love that you kept it loose. It looks effortless chic!
Just lovely!! Isn’t this dress so comfy, too?
You look so stunning and I’m thrilled you are happy with your dress!
Beautiful dress in a gorgeous fabric,
but that last photo, ohhh my ♥️ She’s almost as cute as my baby LOL
This is beautiful. I just sent a Fringe review to the csc. I think it will be published within the next weeks.
Jodi, I gasped when I saw these photos. The dress is gorgeous! It
looks absolutely stunning on you! This fabric is amazing indeed!
Love it! Good to know it’s nursing friendly too. I’ve been missing wearing dresses to church, but I hadn’t thought about the front button dresses like this. 🙂