The Mic Drop Tote is a single-strapped tote bag designed to be worn on the shoulder. The strap, which is integrated into the body of the bag, provides opportunities for individualized trimming and seaming details. The pattern also includes pattern pieces for an extended strap length.
The finished bag is 13 inches from bag top to bottom and 18 inches from side-to-side, and boasts an interior zippered pocket and a magnetic snap closure. The bag opening is 13 inches across. There are two strap length options included in the pattern- standard and extended. The standard length strap carries the bag snuggly under the arm. The armhole circumference for the standard length is 26 1/2 inches. The extended strap length’s armhole circumference is 34 1/2 inches.
The Mic Drop Tote pattern is a digital PDF pattern. The 2.1 MB file includes 18 pages of full color photos and instructions and 6 pages of full size pattern pieces. It is available for download immediately after payment. See the supplemental information page for a video tutorial for completing the advanced finishing technique known as The Sewing Ninja Method.
This bag was written for an advancing beginner. Someone who has several sewing projects under the belt and would like to bring their sewing skills up to the next level. It assumes basic knowledge of sewing straight and curved seams and applying interfacing. Instructions include installing a magnetic snap, and sewing a zippered pocket into the lining.
For the adventurous sewist, the Mic Drop Tote includes instructions for adding trim or piping to the seams, and an advanced finishing technique for the bag handle.
Fabric Requirements & Notions
- outer bag fabric: 1 1/2 yards of 44 inch wide (for standard length), or 1 3/4 yards of 44 inch wide (for extended length)
home decor fabrics, non-stretch bottomweight wovens like denim or corduroy, canvas
- lining fabric: 1 1/2 yards of 44 inch wide (for standard length), or 1 3/4 yards of 44 inch wide (for extended length)
quilting cotton, or other medium weight non-stretch fabric
- fusible fleece interfacing: 1 1/2 yards of 44 inch (for standard length), or 1 3/4 yards of 44 inch wide (for extended length)
i.e. Pellon 987F
- woven fusible interfacing: 2 1/2 yards of 20 inch (for standard length), or 2 3/4 yards of 20 inch (for extended length)
i.e. Pellon SF-101
- nylon zipper (7 inches)
- OPTIONAL: trim (3 yards for standard length, or 3 1/2 yards for extended length)
- magnetic snap (1/2 – 3/4 inch diameter)
- coordinating thread
- sewable double-sided adhesive tape (e.g. Wonder Tape)
There are no reviews yet.