In addition to the pattern, you will need these fabrics, notions, and tools….
- 2/3 yard heavyweight canvas (60″ wide, “duck canvas”)
- 1 1/2 yards accent fabric for lining (44″ wide, Quilting cotton)
- 1 1/2 yards heavy duty sew-in stabilizer (20″ wide, Peltex #70)
- 1 1/4 yards woven iron-on interfacing (20″ wide, SF-101 Shape-flex)
- 17″ of 1/2″ elastic
- two 22″ zippers (matching accent fabric)
- 3 yards 5/32″ cording (or pre-made piping)
- thread to match canvas and accent
- medium and heavyweight sewing machine needles
- 2 pieces plastic canvas mesh (11″x18″)
- tapestry needle & scrap yarn
- zipper foot & piping foot
- rotary cutter & straight edge ruler
- glue stick
- wonder tape, or other sew-able double sided adhesive
- The Usual Sewing Implements (temporary marking pen, pins, scissors, rulers, hand-sewing needle, a sewing machine, etc)
Designed For the Fearless Intermediate Sewist
This pattern is designed for an adventurous, experienced sewist. Someone who has sewn a few tote bags and purses, but is bored with the same ol’ same old. This project uses zippers, curved seams, piping, and loads of layers. Not to worry though, there are 16 pages of directions and color photos to guide you along the way.
Louise (verified owner) –
Great pattern I made it out of used jeans. Next time I would include a shoulder strap because sometimes mums have to carry it amongst other things.