I always seem to have more project ideas than time and energy to do them. This is my current list of projects that are in various stages of developement.
- Project 12 – June: No idea what to do for this. I suppose I should do some pattern shopping. Any suggestions?
- Project 12 – July: Vogue 8577. I have the pattern and I have done some preliminary fabric shopping. Once again, shopping for apparel fabric in this dinky town makes me want to scream.
- Upcycled summer PJs for Gianna – It’s too hot for her footed pajamas so I am trying to make some nightgowns for her from upcycled fabric. Maybe some pillowcase dresses?
- Upcycled tee into shorts for Gianna – I am using old t-shirts to make shorts for under her skirts of for night-wear. I’ve already made one and should make a couple more. (I’ll take pics as soon as I find them in the laundry, but who has time for laundry with all this sewing to do?)
- Quilt for Duncan – I had this crazy idea for making Carcassone-style quilt blocks of roads, houses, etc, but now that I’ve seen this, I want to make him one of these. The curved seams are intimidating look, but that is all the more reason to attempt it. So, if anyone has any book or template suggestions for Drunkard’s Path Quilt blocks. Let me know.
- A needle case for my hand sewing needles. I keep dropping them all over the floor. oops!
- I have a largish project for my nieces for Christmas. I really should get on it, so I am not rushed to finish it up in time.
- And finally, I’m making a gift for a special young lady (or possibly ladies?). This is a sneak peek.
These don’t include the various housing projects I should be doing – curtains, duvet covers, and not to mention mending (I’m so terrible about mending).
So yeah… I have a crafting addiction problem.